I just can't help but talk about the importance of whole foods and this simple way to get more nutrient dense foods into your diet.
I have been taking a whole food supplement called Juice Plus+ for almost four years now and I am so blessed that this company is around today. Not only have I seen amazing results in my own health such as better skin, better digestion and more energy but the people who I share it with see these results and more!
With so many products on the market how do you know this one is the best? This is a question I get often and the answer is simple. When I was first introduced to Juice Plus+ all I had to do what look on the ingredients list to know it is better than anything else. What you will see on the bottle is this:
1) A list of real ingredients not just vitamins. Juice Plus+ is real whole food. The full fruit and veggie is placed in a large mulching machine to make it soupy mixture. This is then dehydrated to remove the water and sugar. All that's left is the good nutrition. There are over 10, 000 phytonutrients (vitamins, mineral and antioxidants) in an apple alone. In Juice Plus+ trio blend (orchard, garden and vineyard) there is a variety of 30 different fruits and veggies. That's a lot of phytonutrients that the body gets to use every day! No wonder people feel better when they take Juice Plus+!
2) It is safe! I am confident that this product is safe because of a couple of things. Number 1 this product has been certified by NSF. Choosing a product certified by NSF lets you know the company complies with strict standards and procedures imposed by NSF. From extensive product testing and material analyses to unannounced plant inspections, every aspect of a product's development is thoroughly evaluated before it can earn our certification. Many athletes choose Juice Plus+ not only because it supports their body during training but because they know it is safe to take.
3) Juice Plus+ does not have a poison control warning on the label like other vitamin supplements do. That's because it is just whole food. There are no poisonous , or synthetic substances, that is taken in large amounts could cause harm to the body. This means a lot when it comes to kids, pregnant women, seniors and other delicate populations.
The best thing you can do to get started on the road to better health is simply by making one simple change each day, week, month or whatever works for you. It is not about doing things all at once but taking it one step at a time.
Why is it important to add whole foods into your diet?
1) Protection against disease. Many studies have found a whole food based diet to be associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and other chronic diseases.
2) More complete nutrition. With processed foods, many nutrients are removed during the manufacturing process. But whole foods retain their fibre, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other healthful nutrients.
3) Absence of additives. Often packed with excess salt, fat, and simple sugars, processed foods can lead to increased blood pressure, weight gain, and disease. Conversely, whole foods slow down the digestive process (allowing for better absorption of their balanced nutrients) and the conversion of starches into glucose (helping regulate blood sugar).
4) Lower cost. In addition to avoiding processing costs, whole foods can save you a little money by satisfying your hunger with less. Because whole foods are often dense with fibre and filling nutrients like protein, a serving of a whole food is more likely to fill you up than a serving of a processed food is.
Want to know more? Find out which whole foods go into the capsules, chewables and Complete Shake Mixes.
If you haven't had a chance to see "Jumpstart Your Journey With Juice Plus+®," watch it now.