Do you find yourself skipping your workouts, grabbing fast food on the go, not spending enough time
with your family and friends or doing things like reading or working on fun projects that make you happy because you don't fee like you have enough time?
Lack of time is the number one reason why most people do not take care of themselves, have enough fun or complete their inspired projects. However, I have great news! Everyone has 24 hours to their day and the most successful people in the world have found an abundance of time to do everything they want to do, which means YOU CAN TOO!
Follow these six steps, followed by the most successful people in the world, so you have the time to do everything your heart desires and more!
1) Make a list of the top six things that you want to focus on each day. This will allow you to prioritize the things that are the most important to you so you can stay focused and get these things done. When you prioritize what's most important to you with will make the time to get them done.
It's kind of like dating. If you really like a date, you will do whatever you can to make the time to spend time with them and go on the next date. If you don't really like them you will make an excuse of being too busy.
Same goes for the things in your life. If something is important to you, you will make the time. If not, you won't. So, is having good health so you can travel, work and spend time doing the things you love important to you? Then make time for it! Even if it's only a few minutes a day to get out for a walk.
2) Time your daily tasks. Let's say you need to take a break in your day and you decide to get on Facebook. Set the timer for 10-20 minutes so hours don't go by wasted. If you get out to go for a walk, set the timer for however much time you can take. Is it 10, 20 or 30 minutes? That way you can finish your walk and get back to what else you ned to do. If you are focusing on a project at work, set your time for 60 minutes and when the timer goes off get up and go for a walk outside or around the office.
3) Make time for each task. If you have six things you want to accomplish in your day make time for each of them. If taking care of your health is important to you be sure to schedule meal prep and exercise into your day. If you need to relieve stress then book time to meditate. If getting a project done is important to you schedule time for that.
Here is an example schedule you might be able to follow:
5:00 - 5:30 AM: wake up/meditate
5:30 - 6:15 AM: Shower, get ready
6:15 - 6:45 AM: walk the dog, or go for a nice walk in nature to clear your head
6:45 - 7:45 AM: work on a passion project/business
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM: work
5:00 - 6:00 PM: workout
6:30 - 7:30 PM: make/eat dinner
7:30 - 9:00 PM: hang out with family or friends
9:30 PM - 5:00 AM: sleep
To determine the best schedule for you first start by recording every activity you do in your day to see where you are spending your time. By doing this you will see where you're wasting your time and where you are being productive.
4) Complete each task. When you start a task finish it before starting the next one. Multitasking usually results in too many things being left incomplete and you feeling anxious.
5) Evaluate your day each night. At the end of the day take a look at anything that you were not able
to complete. These tasks will be your first focus the next day.
6) Follow this routine every day. When you get in this routine of prioritizing and completing you will find that you will have much more time in your day to do the things that you really want. You will have more time to take care of your health, focus on having fun, completing projects and spending time with the ones you love.